This fully confirms the new generation of Subaru future cars like BRZ, WRX, STi, and also the next generation of Impreza and XV. We should also quickly take a look at the brand’s first electrics. These things happen more often than brands want. The manager or salesperson present at this internal brand conference is sufficient to take a screenshot of the exhibition to declassify the complete timeline of what the brand will launch on the market.
It could even be a simple car enthusiast, working as a caretaker, technician or cleaning assistant, who is there, taking the best possible photo and uploading it to a WhatsApp group or forum. The secret in the internet world doesn’t exist.
And just as Toyota had to do a while ago, it was Subaru’s turn. This image, which is also low resolution and has a watermark with a Chinese character on the bottom right of the image, has been published on the GR86.com forum and on the Instagram of our Canadian counterpart at Autoguide.com. It has been circulating everywhere and the truth doesn’t seem like it is wrong.
2021 Subaru Future Cars
- Wilderness Pack for Forester and Outback: Presumably, this is a special version of the new Outback and Forester, with off-road looks and parts.
- BRZ 2021 (FMC / Full Model Change): As is well known, the new Toyota GT86 will be renamed GR86 and will have a sibling in Subaru, which is compatible with the second generation of BRZ. This model has been confirmed and there are spy photos in various media.
- Forester 2021 (BMC / Big Minor Change): This is a facelift for the current generation Forester. It could debut as a 2022 model.
- WRX 2022 (FMC / Full Model Change): Subaru’s most anticipated debut is the new generation WRX, which many of us speculate will be derived entirely from the new Levorg (main image). In other words, the WRX will be a sedan version of Levorg. This should be powered by a new generation of Boxer engines, potentially a 2.4 Turbo with a power close to the current STi.
2022 Subaru Future Cars
- Subaru EV: This will be an electric of Subaru future cars, co-produced with Toyota. It was supposed to carry the Evoltis name, but Subaru used this name for the Ascent SUV in several markets.
Legacy, Outback & Ascent 2022/2023 (BMC / Big Minor Change): By mid-2022, the current-generation Legacy, Outback and Ascent facelift should go into production.
- WRX STI 2023 (FMC / Full Model Change): Return of the long-awaited Subaru Halo Car, the WRX STi is coming almost a year after the WRX was introduced. Rumors abound about the powertrain and its power, which should deliver to the reported 400 hp, leading to the belief that the standard WRX will be close to the current STi’s performance.
2023 Subaru Future Cars
- Impreza & XV 2023 (FMC / Full Model Change): The new generation Impreza and XV (both technically the same car) should go into production earlier this year. They will likely feature a hybrid powertrain and a revised version of the brand’s global platform.
- Wilderness Pack for XV: Taking advantage of the new generation of XV, if our rumors about the Wilderness version are true, we will look at a tougher and more adventurous XV. It gives to imagine the possibilities. She will probably debut as a model in 2024.
A catch of this brand exhibition, tracing the timeline for different Subaru production starts. This means that the release date will be later than or closer to that date. As our colleagues at Carscoops are aware, this image may not be fresh, as the Crosstrek (XV) facelift came up with a production date for the second half of the year, when the model is already out and already in dealerships.
The second is that Levorg doesn’t appear, which we already know is technically going to be produced.