The Honda 2.2 i-CTDi diesel conquered the European market. But does the popularity in dealerships mean that the engine is worth choosing in the aftermarket? Let’s check.
Honda 2.2 i-CTDi diesel reviews
Honda has a specific approach to vehicle development. Example? For a long time, she defended herself against building her own diesel engine. The first diesel unit developed by engineers from Japan was released in 2003.
The Honda 2.2 i-CTDi diesel is an aluminum structure offering 140 horsepower. And by virtue of its strength, its advantages did not end there. Because the engine was highly praised by drivers during its operation.
Honda 2.2 i-CTDi diesel failures
- Diesel particulate filter – as in other diesels, does not like urban use, after 2008 it was part of the standard equipment,
– in addition, to a mileage of 300,000-350,000 km is rather a problem-free car,
- After this run, faults appear:
– high pressure pumps – difficult start,
– clogged EGR valve,
– pulley failure.
Honda 2.2 i-CTDi Diesel Combustion?
Diesel 2.2 i-CTDi was especially popular on two models of the Japanese brand. I am talking about the Civic VIII and Accord VII. What fuel requirements should the owners of these vehicles take into account?
How much does the Honda Civic 2.2 i-CTDi diesel smoke?
- fuel consumption – manufacturer data: average 5.1 l / 100 km
- fuel consumption – driver data: avg. 6.2 l / 100 km
How much does Honda Accord 2.2 i-CTDi diesel smoke?
- fuel consumption – manufacturer data: average 5.4 l / 100 km
- fuel consumption – driver data: avg. 6.5 l / 100 km