The 1.5-liter turbo engine Hyundai G4LH or Smartstream G 1.5 T-GDi has been assembled since 2020 and is installed on such popular models of the Korean company as i30, as well as Kia Ceed and Xceed.
Especially for our market, the power of this G4LH 1.5 T-GDi engine has been reduced from 160 hp. up to 150 hp.
Read Also: G4LA 1.2 Engine Specs, Problems, Reliability
Specifications Of The Hyundai G4LH 1.5 T-GDi Engine
|Exact volume||1482 cm³|
|Supply system||direct injection|
|ICE power||150 – 160 HP|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder diameter||71.6 mm|
|Piston stroke||92 mm|
|Phase regulator||Dual CVVT|
|What oil to pour||4.5 liters 5W-30|
|Fuel type||gasoline AI-95|
|Ecological Class||EURO 6|
|Approx. resource||220,000 km|
Engine number G4LH is located in front at the junction with the box
Fuel Consumption Internal Combustion Engine Hyundai G4LH 1.5 T-GDi
Using the example of a 2021 Kia XCeed with a robotic gearbox:
Which Cars Are Equipped With The G4LH 1.5 L Engine
- i303 (PD): 2020 – present
- Ceed 3 (CD): 2021 – present
- XCeed 1 (CD): 2021 – present
Disadvantages, Breakdowns And Problems Of The G4LH 1.5 T-GDi Engine
- This turbo engine appeared quite recently and the statistics of its breakdowns have not yet been collected.
- In foreign forums, they complain only about noisy work or excessive vibration.
- Like all direct injection engines, this one suffers from carbon deposits on the intake valves.
- The network describes isolated cases of replacing the timing chain on a run of less than 100,000 km.
- The weak points of this engine include the adsorber valve and short-lived pillows.