The G4EE engine is part of Hyundai’s Alpha 2 ICE series. This is a 1.4-liter, injection, in-line, 4-cylinder engine capable of developing a maximum power of 97 hp. The engine meets environmental standards Euro 3 and 4.
The production of G4EE engines dates from 2005 to 2011. They are installed on Kia and Hyundai models. In some markets, this unit is offered in a derated version, with a capacity of 75 hp.
Advantages of the internal combustion engine
In general, the motor has established itself as quite reliable and unpretentious. Among the advantages of the power plant, motorists distinguish the following characteristics:
- Low fuel consumption;
- Cast iron cylinder block with aluminum cylinder head equipped with 16 valves;
- Availability of hydraulic compensators;
- High elasticity between engine and gearbox and others.
There are not so many options on how to increase the power of the G4EE engine. Many experts suggest completely changing the G4EE to a 1.5-liter G4EC or a 1.6-liter G4ED. In addition, it is possible to replace pistons, crankshaft and connecting rods taken from G4EC in the G4EE engine. Also, high-quality firmware will help increase power.
G4EE engine applicability
- Hyundai: Accent (2005-2012), Getz (2005-2011)
- KIA : Rio (2005-2011)
G4EE engine Specifications
|Environmental class||Euro 3/4|
|Fuel type||Gasoline AI-95|
|Cylinder block||Cast iron R4|
|cylinder head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder diameter||75.5 mm|
|piston stroke||78.1 mm|
|Engine oil||3.3 L 5W-30|
|Average resource||250 000 km|
Disadvantages and problems of the G4EE engine
Along with the benefits, there are some “pain points” G4EE:
- Malfunctions in the ignition system, which cause jerks in the engine;
- Oil leak from under the valve cover. There are several reasons for this: damage to the cylinder head gasket, loss of tightness of the engine fluid sensor, breakdowns in the control of the intake system, loss of tightness of the oil filter;
- Feeling of vibration – occurs most often due to worn motor mounts;
- Often there is an increased oil consumption with a run of 100 thousand km;
- Blockage of the fuel filter, which leads to a decrease in traction.