You need the latest references to see what engine is suitable for your vehicle. One of the engine made with the newest technology is the 2.0L Duratec HE Engine. Since it began production in 2010, this crate engine has a useful review and can be used more durable.
The current system with aluminum material will help you have the perfect tool. When you make an engine selection, you must also consider the fuel requirements and the mileage that the engine can pass.
2.0L Duratec HE Crate Engine Reviews
The 2.0L Duratec HE Engine is a engine that has a bigger bore when compared to the 1.8-liter engine. A 2.0-liter engine is the same as 1.8 liters.
The Japanese company Mazda is the company that designed this engine with the LF MZR series model.
When viewed from a visual, the Duratec 2.0 engine is better when compared to the 1.8-liter engine. When seen in terms of fuel consumption, both drivers will issue the same amount, but the 2.0-liter engine has more torque.
2.0L Duratec HE Crate Engine Specifications
The 2.0L Duratec HE Engine is equipped with a timing chain, and there is no hydraulic lift on the engine. This engine can last up to 220,000 miles, but in reality, you can find it to more than 350,000 miles. This engine is very reliable and durable and is among the best in its class.
This Crate engine is included in the Valencia engine which was produced from 2001-2010. The device uses cylinder block material and aluminum block head material.
Then, the engine uses Gasoline as engine fuel. The fuel system uses electronic fuel injection. That engine has a configuration in line with the number of cylinders 4 with four valves per cylinder.
The engine has a DOHC layout system with a bore of 87.5mm and a stroke of 83.1mm. Owned movements amounted to 1999cc. The engine uses a four-stroke internal combustion type which is naturally aspirated.
The compression ratio of this engine reaches 10.8. Then the power of the Duratec HE Engine 2.0L engine is 141-155 / 6000 hp. This engine has the torque for 136/4500 lb-ft.
Then the firing order on this engine is 1-3-4-2. The engine oil weight reaches 5W-20, 5W-30 (Ford Formula F 5W30).
This engine has an engine oil capacity of 4.3 liters with an oil change interval of 6000 miles. Appropriate applications for this engine are Ford S-Max, Ford C-Max Mk I, Ford Mondeo Mk III and Mk IV, Ford Focus Mk II, Mazda 3, Mazda 5, Mazda 6, Ford Galaxy Mk III.
You can have a good reason to use this engine. Besides, you also need to know the shortcomings that are owned by the engine.
2.0L Duratec HE Crate Engine Problems & Reliability
When you are going to choose the Duratec HE Engine 2.0L, you need to know some of the reliability and problems that are often experienced by the engine.
Here are a few things you need to know before you have one:
- The intake manifold valve on the engine can cause engine checkmarks. When the car does not go after 3,000 rpm, it can indicate a problems with the lid.
- The Camshaft seal on the engine is not reliable, so you need to reconsider
- Thermostat brakes are very frequent. That caused the engine not to warm up. These conditions are suitable for mileage reaching 60,000.
- The Ford engine Duratec HE 2.0L uses an aluminum cylinder block material. The material is known to be lighter and better than iron. When delivering heat, a block engine with aluminum is better than metal.
- In addition, heat release is also faster. Engine blocks with aluminum material have a thermal efficiency that tends to be better, which encourages the use of more fuel-efficient. The selection of aluminum is also intended to be more resistant to rust. The material can be used without adding layers or corrosion-resistant mixture.
- Maintenance is still needed because aluminum has a much lower melting point of 660 degrees Celsius. Engine with aluminum material is not resistant to friction. You must move immediately when the car is overheated by moving closer so that the engine block is not damaged due to overheating. Although aluminum is not resistant to friction, the assumption that aluminum is not durable enough to resist abrasion is wrong.
- Each engine block made of aluminum usually has a mixture of iron which makes the engine stronger. An excellent cooling system is also needed for aluminum engine blocks. Engines with aluminum have better thermal efficiency so that the block weight is lighter with a standard size engine. The Duratec HE Engine 2.0L engine cylinder head material also uses aluminum. The fuel system with electronic fuel injection will also simplify engine maintenance.
2.0L Duratec HE Crate Engine Advantages
Some of the advantages of the Ford 2.0L Duratec HE engine can be your consideration when choosing to use this engine.
The efficiency of using a engine also needs to be considered. A good quality engine will undoubtedly help you be more comfortable when driving.
Here are some reasons you can use to choose a engine:
- The fuel consumed tends to be more efficient with the use of automatic fuel injection
- The engine was designed by the Japanese company Mazda which has similarities to 1.8L but has a bigger bore
- Duratec HE Engine 2.0L engine mileage reaches 350,000 miles
- The use of aluminum material for this engine makes the engine lighter, but its performance remains reliable
- The engine is designed with the latest technology so it can be stronger, quieter, and has a lot of torque compared to the 1.8L engine
- The use of an electronic fuel system makes the weakness of the carburetor system can be eliminated. Fuel can be supplied in more precise quantities as needed via the injector.
The Ford 2.0L Duratec HE Engine be your choice because it is the best engine of all Duratec engines. This engine is claimed as a reliable and durable. The efficient use of fuel can also help you reduce spending on fuel.