The problem of the depletion of petroleum supplies as gasoline fuel makes more car manufacturers produce engines that make gasoline consumption more efficient. Among Ford with a 1.6L EcoBoost GTDI engine.
1.6L EcoBoost Oil Capacity
As one of the world car companies that produce mass and large-scale, the Ford Motor Company shows its existence and creativity to date. 1.6L EcoBoost GTDI Engine is one of a series of engines recently developed by this Henry Ford company.
With a variety of issues began to depletion of world oil production, which affects the value and amount of fuel for vehicles. Some car manufacturers are busy thinking about how to make engines more environmentally friendly and fuel-efficient. Ford is no exception, which is always developing its engine series at the principle of supply and demand.
EcoBoost, which is famous as an engine that uses this injection system, uses a turbocharged mechanism in combustion. By producing this environmentally friendly engine series, Ford still hopes that the production of compatible engines and spare parts will be used in specific periods of development.
- Engine lubricant oil capacity : 4.9 liter / 5.2 U.S. qt / 4.3 imp. qt
- Engine coolant capacity : 6.5 liter / 6.9 U.S. qt / 5.7 imp. qt
- Fuel tank capacity : 57 liter / 15.1 U.S. gal / 12.5 imp. gal
1.6L EcoBoost Reviews
1.6L EcoBoost GTDI Engine is one of the latest engine versions made by Ford, which was developed in 2010 using a streamlining strategy and efficient engine location. However, this streamlining strategy and mechanism do not rule out the possibility to embed large cylinders in the engine for better performance while maintaining low fuel consumption.
EcoBoost engine series itself has several sets in its development, some of which are series with numbers 1.0 to 3.5. The focus that will be discussing in this article is the 1.6L EcoBoost GTDI engine series which is made by the Ford Sigma Engine family which began in production and marketed from 2010 to the present.
This engine series is including in the engine classification which has the Inline four-Cylinder which was officially announced at Frankfurt Motor Show on 2009 . The 1.6L series itself was first marketed and applied to Ford C-Max and Ford Focus cars.
Of the two prototypes become benchmarks because of his best-selling series of machines on the market. This series engine is considering as fresh angina which offers several advantages without having to reduce the parts that play a role for car acceleration.
Many consumers who feel quite satisfied because of the performance of this machine. Optimization in saving fuel and streamlining the shape of the engine is quite efficient.
With this downsizing system, it also makes the engine vibration entirely reduced, and therefore makes driving comfort even better. One of the new methods is to ensure the balance shaft of energy suction with the flywheel design on the engine.
The 1.6L EcoBoost GTDI Engine Specifications
This Ford engine series has undergone various revisions and more profound research for the achievement of perfect specifications in-car performance. And finally, in 2014 with several other updates, the company officially changed the name of the engine series with the term 1.5l I-4 EcoBoost engine.
- Using the filling and burning system with the Direct Fuel Injection mechanism, which is the top priority of this EcoBoost engine. With a variety of research and considerations. Some engineers who are members of the Ford Motor Company conclude that no use can replace the Direct Fuel Injection system in terms of fuel savings.
- With the decision to streamline the shape and frame of the machine, the use of aluminum material is still the best in its class because of its lightweight material and has sufficient durability for long-term use. This machine uses aluminum for the Cylinder Head and Cylinder Block.
- By using the inline cylinder mechanism, which is quite significant in its development by Ford’s Dunton Technical Center in the UK, making the optimization of car power and acceleration is quite maximum in its class. And the use of this mechanism makes the cooling system more optimal in its performance.
- The engine, which is 251 lbs (114 kg), makes the engine capacity smaller and lighter. With the use of the scheme, the wind circulation produced is more for the cooling system and reduces noise better than the previous version.
1.6L EcoBoost GTDI Engine Reliability
With a variety of specifications that are quite tempting and following the current developments of this era, Ford managed to ensure its existence as a car manufacturer that has good quality. Although using a fuel-saving system and minimal exhaust emissions do not make the cars made by Ford become weak and powerless cars.
Some successful car applications using the engine series are the Ford Fiesta ST, Ford Fusion, Volvo S60, Volvo V60, Volvo V70, Volvo S80, Ford C-MAX, Ford Focus, Ford Mondeo, Ford S-Max, Ford Galaxy, Ford Escape, Ford Transit Connect, Volvo V40.
By having a wide range of successful car portfolios sold with this EcoBoost system mechanism, Ford also managed to run good propaganda environmentally friendly engine.
1.6L EcoBoost GTDI Engine Problems
But that does not mean with all forms of success this machine is sparing from problems. There are still some gaps that have the potential to become quite serious problems. As with issues with cars with other injection machines, irregular maintenance will cause enough damage. The question of temperature and overheating is still quite significant in this case.
Several times it was found the case of this sleek engine that consumed the cooling system several times. And several times found instances where the Cylinder’s head was curved and cracked due to excessive heat when the engine suddenly cooled down or overused.
But basically, the 1.6L EcoBoost GTDI engine which uses a turbocharged direct-injection gasoline scheme can make the engine perform better if the user is not excessive. Machines with a series like this are suitable for use in urban areas with tracks that don’t consume too much car power. Cars with this series are intended to use short distances for long-term use.
Had experienced a massive mass withdrawal of car products that use engines with these problems did not make Ford give up on developing and producing revised engine series even better.
With the help of a credible engineer from the Ford Bridgend Engine Plant in Bridgend, Wales, United Kingdom makes this type of 1.6L EcoBoost GTDI engine always evolving. From this, it will motivate other machine manufacturers to develop environmentally-friendly machines.