As we know, the Ford 1.5L EcoBoost GTDI I-4 Engine is the newer version of the 1.6L version which has some failure. In this version, Ford considered the existing issue which currently eliminated.
1.6L has some cooling problem and 1.5L completed with an inline in-line four-cylinder gasoline turbocharged with direct fuel injection and the newest design EcoBoost of Ford Engine.
1.5L EcoBoost Performance
This machine starting its life in 2014 for Ford Fusion, 2015 for Mondeo, and then C-Max, Kuga or Escape, and then almost completely replacing the 1.6L existence in the market. With maximum capacity only 1000 cc, this engine has more powerful energy just the same like 1.600 ccs maximum capacity engine.
In a GDTI engine, the fuel is directly distributed to the engine compartment by a low-pressure fuel pump, using a returnless fuel system. These fuels then pass the high-pressure fuel pump which mechanically driven and mounted on the top of the cylinder head.
Just like the 1.6L EcoBoost version, a Ford 1.5L EcoBoost GTDI I-4 Engine has an aluminum cylinder block. It also has an open deck design for a more efficient cooling system. This engine also equipped with a new iron crack shaft with 4 counterweights and 5 main bearings.
1.5 l EcoBoost Engine Upgrades
This engine received a redesigned aluminum cylinder head with an integrated manifold to the exhaust. The heat from exhaust caused a faster warming-up process which can significantly reduce the heating time and also less fuel consumption and also long-lasting the turbocharger at the same time.
As explained earlier, 1.5L EcoBoost GTDI I-4 Engine adopts the innovative camshaft driver system from the 1.0L 1-3 cylinder. There is a timing belt which can only operate in engine oil which reduces the noise and increasing the engine’s durability.
This belt-in-oil also driving the electronic controlled variable displacement oil pump which designed to maintain the whole of the body machines’ durability as well.
The combinations of both superpower turbocharger and direct fuel injection make this engine is completely efficient. It also completed with low inertia, high responsive Borg with an active wastegate and automatic water-to-air charger intercooler which integrated to manifold intake plastic.
So, you can imagine how this engine is perfectly efficient with a small capacity and can be compared with another hybrid car.
The 1.5L EcoBoost GTDI I-4 Engine Specs
For further information about the 1.5L EcoBoost GTDI I-4 Engine, here are the detailed specs:
|Fuel System||Direct Fuel Injection (DFI)|
|Cylinder Block and head material||Aluminum|
|Number of Cylinder||4|
|Valves per cylinder||4|
|Type of Combustion Engine||Four-stroke, Turbocharger|
|Displacement, in cc||1498 cc (91.4 cu in)|
|Stroke, mm||76.4 mm (3.00 in)|
|Bore, mm||79.0 mm (3.10 in)|
|Oil change interval||15.000 km (9.000 mile) or 12 months|
|Engine oil capacity||4.1 (4.3 US qt)|
|Application||Ford Focus, Ford C-Max, Ford Fusion/ Mondeo, Ford Escape/ Kuga|
|Maximum Power||112 PS/ 6300 rpm|
|Steering||Rack and Pinion with EPS|
1.5 EcoBoost Problems And Reliability
- The 1.5L EcoBoost GDTI I-4 Engine is a pretty reliable engine which can fulfill your fast and efficient automotive needs. Besides that, this engine is quite ‘user-friendly’ with no making a lot of problems.
- Recently, the primary engine problems is in the cooling system while the 1.5L EcoBoost already fixed it perfectly. As the improvement version of 1.6L, this newer version is much better and suitable to be applied in almost all types of commercial vehicles.
- This machine needs regular maintenances and high-quality fuel to keep the engines’ durability. This problems is closely similar to the aspirated 2.0L engine version.
- The oils will be cooling down the hot turbocharger, which helps it to prolong its life. By the on-time maintenance, the engine will have a maximum experience over 150.00 miles or 250.00 kilometers.
- The new 1.5 liter EcoBoost as the replacement of 1.6 Liter version has a superb midrange power, but it is not exactly quick from a standing smart. A redesigned center of stack and console add enough new cubbies to accommodate the devices of even the most connected family.
- It has a good and accurate steer response with firm suspense. Hence, it causes a little bit hard uncertainty but still firmer rather than Mazda2. However, it has some issue due to its physical.
- It has a narrow cabin, harder suspense for one person, an aggressive transmission in a slow-motion and also reliability problem of the dual-clutch communication. Moreover, it will make it quite challenging to find the spare part and doing maintenance.
- Moreover, a Ford 1.5L EcoBoost GTDI 1-4 Engine has a creamier machine shake, an outside sound reducer, and ultimately more seamless wheel sounds. This is caused by a lower of torsi energy in a smaller engine portion.
- With maximum capacity only 1000cc, this engine was highly recommended for an efficient driving experience seeker. You can drive for more than 9.000 kilometers without any worried about the exhausting driver.
In general, here are the reliability of the 1.5L EcoBoost GTDI:
- 1.5L EcoBoost is small engine with a powerful energy
- 1.5L EcoBoost have responsive dual-clutch automatic transmission
- Sporty design and timeless
- Less fuel consumption
- Thick body plat with small and practice dimension
So, that’s all about the full review of the Ford 1.5L EcoBoost GTDI I-4 Engine. This information may help you to well informed about the engine. Just remember that this review is subjective unless you are experienced to try.
However, this article seemly enough to give some highlight about how well this engine is. Don’t hesitate to try and have a beautiful drive.