ICE 368DT from Jaguar, Land Rover today is a rare engine. The engine was quite uncommon, but at the same time its level of reliability confidently exceeded the closest V6 analogue. The 368DT engine uses 8 cylinders arranged in a V-shape.
368DT engine applicability
- Range Rover 3 (L322) 2006 – 2010
- Range Rover Sport 1 (L320) 2007 – 2010
|368DT Engine Specifications:
|271 – 272 HP
|630 – 640 Nm
|Cast iron V8
Advantages, Disadvantages and Problems of the 368DT engine
- Timing chain drive – the chain resource confidently reaches 250 thousand km;
- Two turbines – the motor is “easier” to breathe;
- Quick start “on a cold”;
- A combined pumping system has been implemented;
- Low noise.
- Unreliability of variable geometry damper actuators – the reason is souring;
- Unreliability of electric motors;
- The turbine changes as an assembly.
Most Common 368DT Engine Problems
The 368DT proved to be less of a problem with the ICE. The consumables in such engines are rubber pipes from the turbines at the inlet. They are changed every 2-3 MOTs, since the rubber bands crack under load and tend to let air through. Because of this, the smooth operation of the engine is disturbed. It will not be possible to equalize the situation with the ECU settings. Moreover, the software is set to limit engine power if excess air enters the system. The “cut” of the exhaust manifold will force the body to be completely removed. The reason will be the gasket, which cannot be replaced without removing the body.
With regard to any improvement to the 368DT, there is nowhere to roam especially. You can only change the control parameters of the system, but they require manual editing.
Also, the possibilities of tuning depend directly on the technical condition of the engine. With regular maintenance, the diesel V8 368DT will serve the owner for quite some time without any problems.