The 2025 Subaru Outback emerges as a cutting-edge mid-size SUV, boasting remarkable capabilities tailor-made for adventures. As enthusiasts explore their options, the Subaru Outback Wilderness model stands out, offering an impressive 9.5-inch ground clearance, all-terrain tires, and innovative drive mode functionalities.
Anticipated for a full redesign, the 2025 Subaru Outback follows the footsteps of its 2024 predecessor, which saw a mild refresh in the 2023 model year. Foreseen exterior changes might include alterations in the grille and potentially the headlight area, while preserving its quintessential wagon essence. The possibility of Subaru’s distinctive heavy body cladding diminishing remains uncertain. Expectation lingers around the continuation of the seven trim levels introduced in the 2024 model.
2025 Subaru Outback: Diverse Color Palette for Style and Expression
The 2025 Subaru Outback provides a wide range of exterior and interior colors, allowing drivers to personalize their vehicles and make distinctive statements. With a selection of 10 exterior paint options and various interior hues tailored to different trim levels, the Outback offers a plethora of choices to suit individual tastes.
Exterior Color Options
- Crystal Black Silica: Available across multiple trims – Base, Premium, Limited, Onyx Edition, Onyx Edition XT, Limited XT, Touring XT, Touring, and Wilderness.
- Cosmic Blue Pearl: Offered on Base, Premium, Onyx Edition, Limited, Touring, Onyx Edition XT, Limited XT, and Touring XT trims.
- Ice Silver Metallic: Found on Base, Premium, Onyx Edition, Limited, Touring, Onyx Edition XT, Wilderness, Limited XT, and Touring XT models.
- Crystal White Pearl: Available for Base, Premium, Onyx Edition, Limited, Touring, Onyx Edition XT, Wilderness, Limited XT, and Touring XT trims.
- Magnetite Gray Metallic: Present on Base, Premium, Onyx Edition, Touring, Wilderness, Limited XT, Limited, Onyx Edition XT, and Touring XT variants.
- Autumn Green Metallic: Seen on Premium, Onyx Edition, Limited, Touring, Onyx Edition XT, Wilderness, Limited XT, and Touring XT trims.
- Brilliant Bronze Metallic: Available on Premium, Limited, and Limited XT models.
- Crimson Red Pearl: Offered for Premium, Limited, Touring, Limited XT, and Touring XT trims.
- Dark Mahogany Pearl: Found on Limited, Touring, Limited XT, and Touring XT versions.
- Geyser Blue: Exclusive to the Wilderness trim.
Interior Color Range
The interior color options vary based on trim levels:
- Slate Black Cloth, Warm Ivory Cloth, Titanium Gray Cloth: Available on Base and Premium trims.
- Slate Black Leather, Warm Ivory Leather, Titanium Gray Leather: Featured in Limited and Limited XT trims.
- Black Nappa Leather, Java Brown Nappa Leather: Reserved for Touring and Touring XT models.
- Gray StarTex: Specifically designed for Onyx, Onyx Edition XT, and Wilderness trims.
Personalizing Your Outback
Whether opting for the versatile Onyx Edition with a wide array of colors or the exclusive Geyser Blue available only in the Wilderness trim, Subaru ensures a color palette catering to diverse tastes and preferences. Your choice of color not only adorns your Outback but also reflects your distinct style and personality.
Interior Upgrades and Enhanced Features
The forthcoming 2025 model is expected to elevate its standard safety and technology features across lower trim levels, offering enhanced premium features in higher trims. Reflecting the trend seen in other revamped Subaru models, performance improvements, safety advancements, and updated multimedia systems are anticipated.
Unwavering Performance and Features
The current Outback’s blend of a car-like ride with SUV capabilities remains a staple. All variants come equipped with Subaru’s Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive system, active torque vectoring, vehicle dynamics control, and X-MODE featuring hill-descent control. Boasting 8.7 inches of standard ground clearance, surpassing numerous SUVs, the rugged Outback, particularly in Wilderness trim, promises even greater ground clearance, a feature likely to persist in the upcoming redesign.
Foreseeably, the 2025 Outback will retain the same 2.5-liter engine, potentially fine-tuned to deliver more power than the current model’s 182 horsepower and 176 lb-ft of torque. Coupled with a standard CVT with an 8-speed manual shift mode and steering wheel paddle shift control switches, the lineup may see the addition of a more robust turbocharged engine or even a hybrid variant.
Technological Advancements and Updates
Recent upgrades included enhanced LED dome and cargo lights alongside keyless entry for the base model. Anticipate further advancements in the upcoming model, possibly encompassing upgraded ports, wireless functionalities, and an expanded standard touchscreen.
Pricing & Release Projections
The 2025 Subaru Outback, slated for a summer 2025 release, is expected to commence at a higher price point than the current model. The current model ranges from an MSRP of $28,895 to $42,795 for the top-tier Outback Touring XT. Concrete production details are yet to surface.
In a landscape with a dwindling number of wagons, the 2025 Subaru Outback faces off against contenders such as the Jeep Grand Cherokee, Hyundai Santa Fe, Honda Passport, and Volvo XC60. Despite limited direct competition, the Outback sets its sights on delivering a unique proposition in the market.