The Japanese manufacturer relaunched the 2021 Subaru WRX, its famous sports sedan. This lineup will consist of the 268 horsepower WRX 2.0 Turbo, and the mighty WRX STi with a 300 horsepower 2.5 liter Turbo engine.
The new range starts at the 2021 WRX 2.0 EyeSight with a CVT box, adding a six-speed manual version later in the year. Of course, the cherry on the cake is the WRX STi 2.5 with a six-speed manual gearbox, which can accelerate from 0 to 100 km / h in six seconds, to 250 km / hr.
2021 Subaru WRX Exterior
As for the 2021 Subaru WRX exterior design, it’s completely new, accentuating two features of the new Subaru design code: a new hexagonal grille and a narrow, elongated eagle eye headlamp that incorporates LED technology in both the low beam and the headlamps.
But that forgets the characteristic elements that have always accompanied this model, such as the spectacular air intake on the hood and the iconic rear spoiler (which reduces weight and raises it to increase visibility), in this case, accompanied by an effective diffuser with two dual exhaust outlets. strong on the ends and new LED optics.
The evolution carried out by ‘Subaru Tecnica International’ (‘STI’) goes a step further. It focuses primarily on achieving the ideal balance between power and control through three basic concepts:
- A direction that responds as fast as the best supercars on the market (it’s very grand, but for the arrangement they’ve taken as an overall reference the Porsche 911)
- Unmatched level of grip, especially on the rear axle
- Reduced body roll for greater efficiency and safety during cornering
- Rear diffuser and rear damper with two dual outlets
- Front LED scanner
- LED headlight with washer headlamp
- LED Combination Rear Stopper
- Rain sensor
- Roof rack mount
- 18 inch alloy wheels (Dark Bronze Metallic)
2021 Subaru WRX Colors
This is the available 2021 Subaru WRX exterior color options, check the colours list below:
- Ceramic White Colors
- Crystal Black Silica Colors
- Crystal White Pearl Colors
- Ice Silver Metallic Colors
- Lapis Blue Pearl Colors
- Magnetite Gray Metallic Colors
- Pure Red Colors
- WR Blue Pearl Colors
2021 Subaru WRX Interior
The interior of the fourth-generation 2021 Subaru WRX STI represents a huge leap forward over the previous model thanks to an updated design, a higher quality finish with soft touch areas, aluminum details and red ‘STI’ stitching.
It installs a sport steering wheel that is slightly flattened at the bottom, sports seats in aluminum and leather (integral bacquets would be ideal, even if one holds the body very well) and two new multi-function screens, in addition to the modern ‘Harman Kardon’ multimedia navigation system.
There are three screens in total: one 3.5 inches on the dashboard, another 4.3 ” multi-function center, which displays the travel computer and other complementary data, such as turbo gust pressure or torque distribution to each axis, plus the browser.
- Steering Wheel Shift Selector (Paddle Shift)
- Rear seat armrests with cup holders
- Leather sport chair with waist support
- Leather wrapped steering wheel
- Aluminum pedal board
- A multimedia system with a seven inch screen, with Starlink interface compatible with
- Apple CarPlay and Android auto
- Harman / Kardon Premium Audio System with 9 Speakers and Amplifier
- 4.3 inch multifunction screen
- Customizable 3.5 inch color sports meter cluster
2021 Subaru WRX Specs
Both models feature a four-cylinder Boxer engine (horizontally opposite). In the case of the 2021 Subaru WRX it is direct injection and 2.0 liter, producing 268 hp at 5,600 rpm and 350 Nm of torque between 2,400 and 5,200 rpm. Can be obtained with a six-speed mechanical gearbox or the automatic Sport Lineartronic CVT.
For its part, the 2021 Subaru WRX STi is powered by a 2.5 liter engine that produces 300 hp at 6,000 rpm and a maximum torque of 407 Nm at 4,000 rpm. In this case, it is connected to a six-speed manual transmission.
The complete range complements four-wheel drive (Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive) and Subaru Intelligent Drive (SI-Drive) to adapt handling to the taste of the driver, via the Intelligent, Sport and Sport Sharp (intense sport) modes. The latter provides more direct throttle response and precise gear control throughout the rev range.
Likewise, the STi traction system is equipped with a Multimode Driver Controlled Center Differential (DCCD). Under ‘Auto’ mode it optimizes power distribution under changing conditions. In ‘Auto (+)’ it sends more power to the front wheels to increase traction, and in ‘Auto (-)’ it delivers power to the rear wheels to take tight corners.
Six-Step Manual Mode, on the other hand, keeps riding preferences at bay. And finally, Active Torque Vectoring technology sends power to the selected wheel as you turn, helping to direct your driveline.
Safety and Comfort
- Seven airbags: two front, two sides, two blinds and one knee for the driver
- Electronic Stability Multi Control Mode (VDC)
- Hill start to help
- Front view monitor
- Rear camera
- EyeSight Driving Assistists
- Braking before a collision
- Adaptive cruise control
- Throttle management before collision
- Previous vehicle start warning
- Lane departure warning
- High beam assistance (HBA)
- Rear Vehicle Detection System (SRVD)
- Steering Sensitive LED Headlights (SRH)
- Large rear spoiler
- Leather cut sports steering wheel with red stitching
- RECARO front seat
- 5.9 inch HD touch screen multimedia center, compatible with
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- 4.7 inch multifunction screen
- Dual zone automatic climate control system
- Keyless engine start and access
2021 Subaru WRX Price
How much is the price for the Subaru WRX 2021? We estimate the updated Subaru price for the WRX is Estimated Price: $28,000-$45,000.
2021 Subaru WRX Release Date
The redesigned model of 2021 Subaru WRX will debut sometime in June 2021 with most likely arriving in the United States as the 2022 model year.
The structure of the 2021 Subaru WRX is built with high tensile strength steel, increasing torsional rigidity to the frame and controlling vehicle weight better. Its sports suspension, McPherson-type front and rear double wishbone, are independent with stiff stabilizer bars, as well as on their support.
Turning to the braking system, the WRX variant has ventilated disc brakes at the front and solid discs at the rear, while the STi has Brembo ventilated discs on all four wheels with yellow calipers, six-piston calipers at the front and two at the rear.
All of this is equipped with an anti-lock system (ABS), Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA).