For the second generation 2021 Mazda CX-5, the reputation of one of the most driver-driven SUVs in the mass compact SUV segment is very much recognized. Powered engines with relatively low car weights, plus perfectly calibrated settings for fully independent suspension, make the “pure” crossover of Japanese cars.
In addition, having a luxurious exterior that is made according to Mazda’s design philosophy, can have all-wheel drive performance and is ready to make a complete list of the most sophisticated technical filling.
Japanese designers describe the appearance of the 2021 Mazda CX-5, relying on the KODO design ideology (“the soul of the movement”). For those who are far from higher things, the exterior of a compact SUV might resemble the design of the CX-9 model, which also uses very expressive lines from the front end of the body and the side body.
- The side relief of the hood falls forward.
- Decorated with a large silver perimeter and company logo, oval radiator grille.
- Strong narrow xenon optical narrow block.
The sporty and somewhat aggressive style dominates the design of the lower end of the front end, equipped with small format air intake, point fog lamps and glossy plastic body kits. The front end spatial layout also includes leodynamic stepping relief elements.
When viewed from the side, the classic crossover body configuration attracts attention:
- Minimum difference in the angle of the hood and windshield.
- The contrast of the color of the plastic frame and silver pillars of three-sided glass.
- A new configuration of stylish mirrors.
- Relief of corner and volume circle relief.
The off-road status is confirmed by the high seating position on the body, the presence of massive plastic protection on the underbody, an increase in the diameter of 18-inch lightweight alloy wheels equipped with wide profile tires.
The rear bumper section of the 2021 Mazda CX-5 does not differ significantly in design and equipment.
- Black spoiler lips.
- The traditional combination of a sloping window and a vertical line of rear doors arises.
- Equipped with fog lights and two exhaust pipes, a small sized plastic kit.
In the new edition, the 2021 Mazda CX-5 is identified by the original interpretation of the rear optics, brand symbols and cross sections in the tailgate. In general, this new body looks stylish and dynamic, which is facilitated by the sleek aerodynamic contours and the smooth contours of the front fenders.
The Japanese crossover is clearly identified by the front end: the shape of the radiator grille, referring to the construction of the aircraft, with a large manufacturer’s emblem in the middle, a visually hanging hood and the absence of sharp edges that are almost complete with all its appearance, this car shows extraordinary Japanese harmony.
2021 Mazda CX-5 Colors
This is the available 2021 Mazda CX-5 exterior color options, check the colors list below:
- Soul Red Crystal Metallic
- Machine Gray Metallic
- Snowflake White Pearl Mica
- Jet Black Mica
- Deep Crystal Blue Mica
- Sonic Silver Metallic
- Eternal Blue Mica
Soul Red Crystal Metallic
Machine Gray Metallic
Snowflake White Pearl Mica
Jet Black Mica
Deep Crystal Blue Mica
Sonic Silver Metallic
Eternal Blue Mica
In-depth and careful updates of new things are seen in the design and configuration of audio volumes. A variety of finishes including high-quality natural and artificial leather, plastics and decorative inserts made of polished metal.
The interior of the 2021 Mazda CX-5 is equipped with a comfortable padded seat that allows the driver and four medium-sized passengers to sit comfortably. The SUV trunk holds up to 403 liters of luggage, and with the rear seats folded, the useful volume has increased to an impressive 1,560 liters.
If speaking multifunctionally, we can provide excellent assumptions from informative instrument consoles with large pointer indicators. Modified center console includes:
- 7-inch screen that combines media and command functions.
- Chrome-plated wedge-shaped heating and ventilation deflectors.
- Compact control panel for climate control, navigation, and other convenience formation options.
The new 2021 Mazda CX-5 model will receive an expanded series of electronic assistants and active safety systems.
The less powerful engine can be mounted on the front wheel drive or i-Activ AWD all-wheel drive, which has an electronic multi-plate clutch, and can also be combined with mechanical or automatic transmission.
Undercarriage with 2700 mm center and 200 mm clearance ensures high level of road comfort due to a combination of MacPherson support and multi-link suspension, and full disc brakes.
- The basic equipment provides traction characteristics and 2.5 liter gasoline engine consumption with peak torque output of 187 hp / 185 Nm which is optimal for its category.
- The 2.2 liter turbocharged diesel engine with 170 hp is declared as an economical choice. and peak thrust up to 290 Nm. In an older top-end modification, a gasoline engine drive with a parameter of 2.5 l / 250 hp / 310 Nm was promised.
The entire machine works in tandem with an indisputable 6-band automatic transmission.
New 2021 Mazda CX-5 crossover body dimensions:
- Length – 4550 mm.,
- Width – 1842 mm.,
- Height – 1680 mm.,
- Wheelbase – 2698 mm.
What is the price of 2021 Mazda CX-5?
In the global market, the new 2021 Mazda CX-5 model will be presented in six major modifications. Prices depend on the strength of the power unit and the level of equipment. We expect the price of the 2021 CX-5 to remain close to the current model with a range of $ 26,290 to $ 38,255 in the MSRP range (including destination fees).
When is the release date of 2021 Mazda CX-5 in the U.S?
In the United States Mazda has not yet announced an official sales date for the new 2021 Mazda CX-5. However, based on the schedules of previous years, we expect release in the fall of 2020