The South Korean automotive industry has successfully implemented new and modern multi-profile cars with an initial price range that is not typical for the European market. An example is the deep restyling of the 2021 KIA Sedona family minivan, known in several countries as Carnival.
In the new generation, this family type car is different from its predecessor in its unique crossover body layout and appearance with striking elements with a sporty-aggressive style. Due to the company’s technical development and original design, the new model is positioned by the company in the status of Grand Utility Vehicle, in free translation – multifunctional and multi-purpose vehicles.
Fresh and stylish, the new 2021 KIA Sedona family minivan is seen in photos from a different angle, although most updates are focused on the front side of the body. In the front projection, the novelty of the lineup shows:
- Glossy black framing and dynamic tilt.
- Sidewalks and branding of the tilted hood is relatively short.
- Chrome-plated perimeter and large radiator mesh grille.
- Three-element xenon headlamps combined with direction indicators and running lights.
- Ventilation diffuser is placed on the side wall of the bumper and shaded with a silver lining.
- Fog lamp
- Ventilation for engine compartments and metal-plastic body kits are typical for SUVs.
- This new body attracts attention with its impressive dimensions, a combination of classic short front ends, longitudinal flat roof spoilers, and typical stern crossover contours. Visible:
- Bright contrast of silvery semi perimeter and black shelf high-gloss three-piece large format glass.
- Stylish oval rear view mirror.
- The compact handle is hidden into the sliding door case, as well as a little body decorative relief.
- The atmosphere of the minivan was successfully equipped with a silver rim pattern which increased to 19 inches.
Detailed European style crossover styles are used in the back of the case design. The new generation of 2021 KIA Sedona can be recognized:
- In the tandem of a sloping window covered with spoilers and the vertical plane of the tailgate
- The design of the multifunctional rear lights and a complete set of plastic-metal body.
- In parallel, the decorative function is carried out with chrome plating of the brand logo, several nameplates, detailed relief of the ribbed body and the shape of the fog lamps which are placed on the side of the bumper.
2021 KIA Sedona Colors
This is the available 2021 KIA Sedona exterior color options, check the colors list below:
- Clear White
- Snow White Pearl
- Silky Silver
- Panthera Metal
- Aurora Black Pearl
- Deep Chroma Blue
- Black Berry
The left wing of the front panel is occupied by the instrument panel, which includes a set of analog arrow indicators and an on-board digital display computer. The top block of the center console contains a multimedia complex UVO display that combines media functions and commands as well as a pair of ventilation ducts.
The middle and lower floors of the dashboard offer easy access to analog activation elements from service, functional and convenience options. The low tunnel base configuration includes the technical sector with a transmission selector, an expanded set of regulators, and a large volume mini fridge located under the armrest.
In addition to the standard set of electronics and security system components, 2021 KIA Sedona minivans will receive:
- Traction control system
- Video surveillance camera
- Anti-rollback circuit
The eight-seat saloon gives the driver and seven passengers a comfortable and well-profiled seat and optimal level of road service for their class.
With impressive external dimensions of 5115 x 1983 and 1730 mm, minivans don’t look big or too big. Fans of outdoor activities will appreciate the possibility of increasing the volume of the luggage compartment from 365 to 3435 liters.
Chassis advantages: 3060 mm center distance, MacPherson strut independent rack and multi-link suspension, additional functions of stabilizers and safety systems, effective disc brakes, amplitude-dependent characteristics of long-stroke shock absorbers.
The engine range is represented by two power units that work in tandem with the 6-band front wheel drive automatic transmission.
In the first solution, this is a 3.3 liter petrol that is aspirated with a variable valve timing and peak traction output of 276 hp / 336 Nm.
The dynamics of acceleration to the first “hundred” in less than 8 seconds, fuel and lubricant consumption – 11.3 liters per 100 km rotation in variable mode.
A more economical E-VGT diesel driver with torque of up to 202 hp and 441 Nm of torque. At a distance of 100 kilometers the test drive shows the actual consumption of 9 liters of heavy fuel.
In the world family minivan market, the new 2021 KIA Sedona with basic equipment will be available at a cost of $26,000 for the four middle and upper modifications will vary from $30,000 to $42,000 conventional units.
Production of 2021 KIA Sedona will begin in April 2020, and we expect arrivals in early autumn 2020 based on the previous sales date.