Updated the 2021 BMW X7 Dark Shadow Edition and will be released in a limited edition – only 500 copies worldwide. What is very interesting about that will be discussed below.
In terms of technology, Bavarians haven’t planned anything new. Increases in some price tags are determined by expensive end results and a rich list of onboard equipment. We will talk about this later, but now let’s remember the main points of the X7 standard generation.
In terms of engine range, the 2021 BMW X7 Dark Shadow Edition only gets the most powerful units. We are talking about a 400 hp diesel biturbo. at 760 Nm in L6 and V8 bi-turbo architecture on gasoline with a return of 530 hp at 750 Hm.
Crossovers are based on CLAR modular trolleys. That includes:
- Electric power steering with the function of changing the gear ratio.
- 8-band intelligent automatic transmission with support for manual gearshift.
- Independent suspension of double wishbone in front and multi-link behind (in Dark Shadow Edition about pneumatic elements).
- Clutch with two clutches to connect the drive of all wheels.
- Ventilated disc brakes on both axles.
- Electronic “handbrake”.
Equipment in The Cabin
The 2021 BMW X7 Dark Shadow Edition contains a list of truly unique equipment that is not accepted by standard models. These include: 4-zone climate, active steering, panoramic roof and laser optics.
If not, there is also an important list:
- 10 airbags + curtains and supplies for child seats.
- A multimedia complex with a 12.3-inch touch screen on a torpedo with support for Bowers & Wilkins’s cellular interface, voice control, navigation and music with 16 speakers.
- Two entertainment tablets in the back row.
- Virtual instrument panel with projection onto the windshield.
- Front seat with height adjustment, memory function, heating, massage, lumbar support and active head restraints.
- The second and third row seats that can be electrically adjusted are also heated.
- Central lock, remote control key and keyless entry.
- Heated multifunction steering wheel, side mirrors, windshield and rear window.
- Wireless charging and 6 USB in the cabin.
Passive security is represented by:
- ABS, EBD, BAS, ESP, DAC and AFS systems.
- 360 monitoring.
- Adaptive high beam control.
- Light, rain and tire pressure sensors.
- Adaptive sailing with road signs, introduction of pedestrians and cyclists, lane control, etc.
But what is missing is the parking system. There is no parking sensor, no IPA. Given the cost of the car, such moments seem very strange, given that SUVs do not have such optional equipment.
Exterior and Dimensions
Exterior 2021 BMW X7 Dark Shadow is also not new, except for enamel and exclusive rims. The first is called Frozen Arctic Gray and its originality is not completely black. The manufacturer itself calls it “black metallic”.
Plus, the crossover gets the standard M package, which includes original black chrome parts:
- Roof rails.
- Radiator screen.
- Side mirror stands.
- Edging of door “frames”.
- Exhaust tips.
Also, the M-package includes the sound of the exhaust system peculiar only to it, characterized by increased anger.
There is nothing new in terms of dimensions:
- Length: 5151mm
- Width: 2218mm
- Height: 1805mm
- Wheel base: 3105mm
The original wheels are available in 22 inches in diameter, have a five-V-spoke design and are also finished in matte enamel called Jet Black.
As for interior decoration, everything is maximal. Finishing materials include beloved Alcantara leather, a layer made of natural wood with a “piano” and aluminum (black) coating. Finishing, which combines charcoal gray and pale blue, looks very attractive.
Armchair made in sports architecture. Landing scheme 2 + 3 + 2. The second line has folding armrests if there are six passengers. By the way, in hindsight, all travelers are offered their own climate settings and personal multimedia touch screen.
The 2021 BMW X7 Dark Shadow interior architecture itself fully repeats the standard model. The only thing, other than expensive finishing materials, is a long panoramic glass roof, and the writing Dark Shadow is showing off on the central tunnel.
What is BMW X7 Dark Shadow Edition Price?
The diesel version will cost $ 162,458, the gasoline version $ 163,835, which is on average $ 41,302 more expensive than the top version of the standard model.
When is the release date of the BMW X7 Dark Shadow Edition?
The limited edition 2021 BMW X7 Dark Shadow will be assembled in America. The assembly will begin in August with deliveries to customers in early 2021.
Those who have money can order now. Pre-orders are available on the dealership’s official website.