The updated third family presentation began in early March by showing the five-door Sportback, and now the classic 2021 Audi A3 sedan has revealed that fact. I must say that the four-door version is more important for German companies, because it provides the largest sales share of the model.
In some large markets, for example, in the United States, only A3 sedans are sold. That is why, despite the difficult situation in the world, the manufacturer has not postponed the premiere, after posting on April 21 all information about new products.
Changes in Dimensions
After maintaining the MQB platform as a base (fixed wheelbase at the level of 2636 mm), the A3 sedan in the new body has grown to a decent size. The length of the car has increased by 37 mm (up to 4495 mm), width – 20 mm (up to 1816 mm), height – 9 mm (up to 1425 mm).
The exterior of the sedan presented by the 2021 Audi A3 sedan model this year looks as fresh and modern as possible. The basic proportions and sporty style remain unchanged, while new products accepting the roof are lowered to stern and progressive optics, equipped with an additional section at the bottom and lighting fixtures with unusual pixels.
Outwardly, the “four-door” resembles the classic 5-door version, because it maintains the company’s style and looks very sporty.
Like the hatchback, this new sedan has an enlarged Singleframe lattice with a distinctive mesh texture, as well as optics that run the matrix, equipped with high-tech instruments.
The lamp section is a series of 15 LED elements that are triggered individually to simulate unusual light signatures.
Significant updates are present on the front of the sedan and include the following items:
- Contrasting windshield colors that can be effectively combined with any body paint.
- Sporty tilted hood with a striped profile.
- Pentagonal radiator grille with silver chrome surround.
- Auxiliary running lights in the matrix optical kit.
The sporty exterior is further enhanced by the chrome-plated aerodynamic diffuser. The body is adorned with a company brand logo and ribbed inserts around it.
The exhaust pipe is parallel to the bottom of the car. In the 2021 Audi A3 Sedan, they have been moved to the left. The triangular taillights and the volumetric trunk lid compartment, there are tall ribs around it, look no less original.
Aerodynamic protrusion is provided at the stern for mounting license plates. The volumetric bumper contains the original fog lights, ventilation diffuser and metal-plastic diffuser.
LED lighting guarantees a strong and aggressive design. Complete with LED optics, which is an option, pixel blocks are provided in 3×5 segment configurations with unusual signatures. Adaptive headlamps work directly when there is a lack of light.
All updates to the body’s design and layout have resulted in improved “downsizing”. In the 4th generation presented, the drag coefficient is reduced from 0.29 to 0.25. Similar results were achieved by installing electric shutters behind the grille, changing the style of the exterior mirror and trim the underbody with a special panel.
2021 Audi A3 Sedan Colors
This the best exterior color options of 2021 Audi A3 sedan , check the list below:
- Brilliant Black
- Cosmos Blue Metallic
- Florett Silver Metallic
- Glacier White Metallic
- Ibis White
- Monsoon Gray Metallic
- Mythos Black Metallic
- Nano Gray Metallic
- Quantum Gray
- Tango Red Metallic
In terms of internal appearance, the 2021 Audi A3 sedan fully repeats the hatchback. Although there are simple lines and stuck in the interior, it looks original and modern. Some car enthusiasts equate cars in terms of ergonomics with releases from the 70s. This is emphasized by the circular design of the deflector window, the primitive instrument panel and the placement of a typical control. There are many similarities with the interior of the A7 2020.
When reviewing the interior, it’s easy to see the presence of expensive finishing materials. The model developer decided not to skimp on finishing solutions, so that their quality and appearance had improved significantly.
There is a minimalist line in the middle panel. All accents in a compact and simple cabin. The interior design is equipped with a short instrument panel and large steering wheel with many functional elements. The gearbox control unit is located in a comfortable place and does not cause complaints about ergonomics. In addition, there are 2 cup holders near the gear selector.
When checking the cabin, one cannot help noticing an updated seat with enhanced lateral support, flexible adjustments and a large armrest.
2021 Audi A3 Sedan Interior Colors
- Seats: Black, Dashboard: Black, Carpet: Black, Headliner: Black
- Seats: Chestnut Brown, Dashboard: Black, Carpet: Black, Headliner: Black
- Seats: Rock Gray, Dashboard: Black, Carpet: Black, Headliner: Black
- Seats: Black with Rock Gray stitching, Dashboard: Black, Carpet: Black, Headliner: Black
- Seats: Magma Red with Anthracite stitching, Dashboard: Black, Carpet: Black, Headliner: Black
How much luggage space?
The back sofa is not as comfortable as the front seat. Because of this, the tall passenger behind might feel he lacked space. Luggage 2021 Audi A3 sedan compartment volume reaches 425 liters.
What are the navigation equipment?
The database provides the following options and additional systems:
- Cabin climate control
- ABS, EBD
- Fog lamp
All parts of the instrument have been completely updated. Analog shield is replaced by a 3 mode digital display. Multimedia has a 12 inch screen at the first level rather than at the top of the console. Underneath is a sector to adjust service options.
A progressive MMI platform with the most significant updates used as a multimedia system. Unlike the previous 2021 Audi A3 sedan release, this new sedan has all the options and settings that are denser, and computing power has increased nearly 10 times.
To control the system, you don’t need to do complex manipulations and a large number of clicks. This sedan continues to interact with an interactive interface, and users have access to the online functions of the Audi Connect platform.
The design of the main tunnel block, which is equipped with a gearbox selector and various switches, looks unusual.
Specifications of the 2021 Audi A3
Considering the technical characteristics of the 2021 Audi A3 sedan model, it must be remembered that they depend on vehicle equipment. For the European market, 2 gasoline and 2 diesel power units with different power reserves and parameters will be available:
- Fuel. The 1.4 and 1.8 liter engines produce 125 and 180 hp from. each other’s strengths. The first has acceleration from 0 to 100 in 8.4 seconds and fuel consumption of 5 liters per 100 kilometers. The highest speed is 217 km / hour. The second petrol unit only needs 7.3 seconds to reach speeds of 100 km / h. Fuel consumption has been increased to 6 liters per 100 km, and acceleration speeds are limited to 235 km / hour.
- Diesel. The diesel engine line includes two two liter units with a capacity of 150 and 300 liters. from. The initial version had an acceleration from 0 to 100 km / h in 8.7 seconds, fuel consumption of 4 liters per 100 km and a top speed of 220 km / h. The main unit with a power reserve of 300 horsepower will accelerate to 100 km / h in just 5 seconds. Consumption of 7 liters per 100 km, and speed is limited to 250 km / hour.
All powertrains are distinguished by exceptional efficiency and are equipped with a 6-speed manual transmission or S-tronic gearbox in the 6 or 7 speed version.
The most powerful machine shows dynamism, especially when cornering. Energetic and fast torque transmission, while the front wheels are not overloaded.
Steering is more precise than the previous generation. Updates can be used as a means of transportation around the city or for long trips.
The 2021 Audi A3 Sedan cannot be called an overly tough car, even if the most “filled” S-line variant is selected as a complete set.
- In the basic configuration, the 2021 Audi A3 Sedan moves with a standard suspension, but for an additional fee, the ground clearance is reduced by 15 cm. In addition, more sophisticated modifications have support for electronic shock absorber control.
- Both front and rear, the 2021 Audi A3 Sedan has independent suspension. The front consists of springs on an aluminum subframe, which is equipped with new aluminum knuckles. At the rear, there is a multi-link platform with steel bars.
This undercarriage guarantees a comfortable ride on uneven road surfaces.
What is the price of 2021 Audi A3?
The price of the new model 2021 Audi A3 sedan is determined by its configuration. The list of options in the basic version is rather limited, and you have to pay a decent amount to get a useful “chip”. In the “database” car can be purchased for $ 25,000. The right price tag depends on the type of power unit and equipment.
The maximum configuration purchase will get a price of $ 40,000. This version provides LED headlamps, rear and front parking sensors, climate control systems, adaptive shipping, standard navigation, and various safety equipment.
By default, the flagship edition of the 2021 Audi A3 Sedan has an Active Traffic System which is equipped with a traffic rating sensor that keeps the car on the road lane.
The configuration and price of the 2021 Audi A3 sedan car fully justifies themselves. This car combines German strength, stylish design and many of the technological improvements that modern drivers need.
2021 Audi A3 Sedan is a beautiful, modern and powerful sedan for everyday driving with an emphasis on dynamics and sportiness. The main advantages of this car include:
- Beautiful appearance design.
- Useful functions and systems, depending on configuration.
- The presence of expensive finishing materials and attractive interiors.
- Improved technical and dynamic nature.
The disadvantage 2021 Audi A3 sedan is the high cost of repairs and maintenance.